They provide installations, repairs, and maintenance for a variety of their automatic gates, barriers, bollards, and doors. Based in Shipley, Derbyshire they operate across the East Midlands and Yorkshire area.
ASE Autogate is a family run business and since implementing SAM in 2012, they have managed to more than quadruple their staff team from 6 to 25 employees.
Why choose SAM?
Established in 1986, ASE Autogate initially used a paper-based system that worked and enabled them to meet their customers’ installation and maintenance needs. However, they have always recognised the value of using technology and by the early 2000s they had progressed from using paper to spreadsheets (for job management) and Sage Accounts software. After a while, they recognised the need for an all-encompassing system that kept all of their day-to-day operations in one place. In 2012 SAM was implemented and had a positive effect, Stuart Woods (Operations Manager, ASE Autogate) points out “Using SAM has changed how we work, it has helped us to modernise, to increase productivity and to reduce our admin teams workload”. They mainly use SAM to provide a number of solutions like job management, to communicate with their mobile engineers and to manage their entire sales process, “We use it to talk back and forth, to run jobs, track jobs, generate reports and to produce quotes and invoices” Stuart remembers.
ASE Autogate uses SAM for:
- Job Management – Create jobs, track jobs,
- Asset Management – Track assets, PPM
- Accounts Integration – Full integration with Sage 50c accounting software
- Sales Process – Generate quotations, sales orders, and invoices
- Customer and Supplier Management – Manage customer and supplier information, generate purchase orders
- Reports – Generate progress reports for analysis